Thursday, 16 February 2012

My Inspiration: David Byrne's 'Strange Ritual'

Images from David Byrne's 'Strange Ritual'

Today's post features something that has inspired my work. Here you can see a set of photos from David Byrne's (of Talking Heads fame) book Strange Ritual. I love the way he has taken photos of such everyday objects and places such as bathrooms but through the colour and lighting has captured the emotion of the spaces. I saw something in these and they inspired my video work on a short 30 second horror/slasher film I created for a uni brief. Here are some stills from my film:

I think you can see the influence here with the tiled floor.
More of a Psycho influence here with the plughole.
I tried to play with colour here to add emotion to the scene.

You can see the whole short on my portfolio site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment